Silks At King Solomon Falls, Clark CO
We’ve wanted to rig here for a few months now. Ever since we went up and did some free diving and scouting the rock faces that surround the falls, we knew that it was going to be doable but complicated. I rigged up a horizontal sliding pulley to keep the aerialists (Kaydee Barker and Natalie Keller) high and dry and used every bit of our 200ft long static ropes to span the falls and the pool with a highline.
Rigging (affiliate links – thanks for supporting us!):
- 2x Imlay Canyon Gear Canyonero 9.2 70m
- Petzl Volta 9.2
- Petzl Mambo 10.1
- CMI Stainless 5pt Bearpaw
- Camp USA Janus rescue Double pulley
- Camp USA Big Double Pulley
- Many Camp USA 10mm Stainless Quicklinks
- 60ft 1in webbing Amsteel super threads
- Black Diamond Rotor Swivel
- Misc prusiks for capture system
- Petzl Grigri
- Petzl Guide
- Couple cams and misc stoppers
Just about all set. Just need to flip the main pulley and pull the knot on the horizontal pulley.
Getting cinematic as the sun goes down. Time to gel the lights! It always amazes me what a little extra light from some small strobes can do for the mood of the image.
Bare strobe to the right with a 1/2 CTB gel. 48″ Octobox to the left with a 1/4CTO gel.